Thursday, September 10, 2009

Newest addition











The newest addition to the Johnson family! Tuesday of this week Nels and I drove out to Santa Rosa area and picked up our "brand new" truck. Best of all it was FREE!!! It runs great! It's a 1965 Ford 250 3/4 ton (whatever that means) with 105,000 miles on it. It's awesome! Nels is like a giddy school boy when he looks at it. He sent me a picture of it on my phone the other day when I was at work just so that I could see it. It obviously needs a little work; body work, rust, brakes, reupholstering and just some cleaning up.
I know I know you're thinking. How did they get a free truck? Well, Nels went into one of his dealerships and the owner of the shop had an older man bring it in and sell it to him for $1. The owner of the shop didn't want it, so he let Nels trade some product for it. It's a good little truck the only problem I see with it is that it's a stick shift! Nels says it's a little harder to drive. So I guess we'll see how that goes.

4 comments:

  1. All you need is a light bar and a decal that says PD-17 and it would be complete....And Nels your penmanship is atrocious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All right! That is awesome! At least that bad sister has a sweet radio on the ceiling, that makes it all worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I was looking over the pictures all I could think of was 'what a piece of junk!' But then I finished reading and I think that's awesome. And don't worry, stick shift isn't too hard to learn, and most people end up liking it better!

    ReplyDelete