





Nels' team made it to the playoffs. For those of you who didn't know, Nels was assisting in the coaching a football league of 12-15 year old boys for our town. He is great at it, but we kinda had a crazy power hungry head coach who didn't like to listen to what other coaches suggested. They could have gone further in their winnings if he had only listened. Enough about crazy coach though. Saturday was the first day of the playoffs and if you won you continued on if you lost you were out. We LOST!!! (I was excited) I was ready to have my Saturdays back and the husband. So the game was about 30 minutes away in Esparta CA. A very small town of only 1,000. The football field is a football field and a baseball diamond. I don't know if you can see it in the pictures but part of one of the end zones is half dirt. We played against the Richmond Steelers. Ghetto town, but great players. They slaughtered us with a 33-0 lead until the last minute, where we finally got our 3 point field goal. At least I think that's what it's called. So the boys got a medal and we are done with coaching....probably til next year.
No comments:
Post a Comment