Monday, March 29, 2010

Tonight we are coloring eggs for FHE. When I was younger my dad would lay out newspaper, and get all the coloringready. Mom would have boiled eggs earlier in the day. We would color til all the eggs were dyed. So we are going to do the same thing. I'm trying to bring tradition to our little family of 2. It is hard some time because Nels doesn't get excited about ANYTHING!!!!! Except maybe a good BBQ. He tries to amuse me by joining in, but I know he'd rather be doing anything else. I'm sure when we have kids that are old enough to get excited he'll get into it. As for now I think he thinks it's a big hoopla for no reason. So I have to get excited and throw parties for 2 until a long while later. (not feeling sorry for myself, just explaining) Obviously I didn't cook as many eggs as my mother would, but a dozen will do! I loooovvveeee Easter time. Easter candy is my favorite, let's be honest any candy is my favorite. Just ask my mom. In case anyone wants to send me some here are some of my favorites: Cadbury mini eggs, cadbury creme eggs, all the different types of jelly beans; starburst, jolly rancher, and of course smuckers puckers, peeps, Reeses, chocolate covered marshmallows. Oh man I need a candy fix ASAP! Too bad I'm trying to eat healthy...er.... I'll just have to wait for this weekend when we go down to Nels' families for my candy overload.

p.s I'll put pictures on later

No comments:

Post a Comment