Monday, May 3, 2010

What Kara asks for, Kara gets!!

Kara, my freshmen roommate and one of my bestest friends asked for the house dressing recipe so without further ado.

Cafe Rio Creamy Tomatillo Ranch

3 Large Tomatillos
1 Cup Buttermilk
1 Cup Fresh Cilantro
1/2 Cup Mayo
1/2 Cup sour Cream
1 Packet of Ranch Dressing mix
1Tbsp Fresh Lime juice

2 Jalapeno peppers- I quartered mine and took out the seeds to make sure it wasn't going to be too spicy. I added one and it didn't give it a kick, so taste it after adding one and see if it meets yours standards. If not add more.

Remove Husks from the tomatills, wash, quarter and broil until soft. About 7 minutes. combine Everything in a blender until smooth. Chill for an hour to thicken and blend.

p.s it's very Cilantro-ish so if cilantro isn't your cup of tea add more jalapeno or less cilantro! I love it with just added peppers! Yum

Recipe by Cyndi

2 comments:

  1. Hooray! thanks Michelley! How long does this take to make? I'm excited to try it out when I finally get into my apartment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sweet mother of goodness i'm excited for these recipes!!!

    ReplyDelete