Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Labor day weekend was GREAT!!!! I know that I am late in posting, but we had fun so it needs to be shared with all....who read our blog. Which is few.
We started our week off with heading up to El Dorado Hills to see all of Nels' family that had come into town. Alexis and Jeff were blessing their newest addition Luke. He's adorable and the sweetest baby in the world and I love him. Alexis is the greatest mom. She keeps her cool, and she makes motherhood look fun! She doesn't stress about the little things. She is super mom! Anyways, so we went up there Friday afternoon and stayed the night because Cole (her oldest) had a football game that Nels wanted to go to. I meanwhile stayed home and watched the babes with Maggie (another sister) It was so nice to be able to talk to Maggie and have a conversation without too many kids screaming and no football on the tv in the background.
Nels had a game later that day so the Boys and I headed down to Lathrop for that. It was nice to have someone to sit by during the game. It was HOT! Nels' team won. We then split the El Dorado Hills (edh)boys went their way and we left to go home. I hate working on Sundays by the way.
Sunday we had to drive all the way back up to EDH for Lukes' blessing and after party. The after party was alot of fun. With mild, yet funny drama. :) The johnson Family is great at keeping things light and enjoyable. We both enjoyed out time, Nels got to watch football with his dad and brothers, and I got to talk with the ladies. I love his grandmas.
We left EDH and headed down to Monterey to visit Lindsay and Jon. My best friend from Jr. High. We spent the night playing games, visiting, and gossiping about her trip to Utah. (Judge all you want, yes I gossip.) In the morning we had my new favorite treat, Boba! So delicious!!! It's like eating blended fruit, but the ripest best tasting fruit you could ever dream of. (If you visit I'll drive you the 2 hours to get it, Well worth the drive) We then went to the Aquarium. I love fish, the underwater world they live in is amazing. I wish I could be a mermaid. Not only do I love to swim, but lets face it Ariel has a nice cartoon body. After the aquarium we went to Bubba gumps. oh my goodness so delicious.

And now that I have rambled here are some pictures!
LUKIE
SEA Shell, don't mind the unflattering shot look at the cute people in the shot.


I totally touched these sting rays!! It was amazing!!!
Jon and Lindsay

Spikey Crab
Honeydew BOBA!!!

1 comment:

  1. i wish i could be a mermaid too :) glad you had fun and guess what?! 3 days....and then we will be on a boat!!!!

    ReplyDelete