The newest addition to the Johnson Family is a 2000 Chevrolet 2500. Nels and I have been talking about the need for a second vehicle. We have had his dad's 1971 Ranchero, but that is being sent back, sadly for LaVarr (younger brother) to learn to drive on. Nels has loved having the Ranchero.
When the truck came into his view he had to have it. It helped that it was a good price, in great condition and what we need it for it will work. Getting used to the gas prices of a truck unfortunately are not as easy to get used to. Yikes!!! Luckily it is just our secondary vehicle and only used for short distances and when the corolla isn't available.
This weekend we packed up the back of the truck with pillows, blankets, our love sac, and headed to the drive in. It was so much fun! We got a great, comfy view and I got a few hours of uninterupted snuggling. Which I'm a sucker for. :) I figure the days of snuggling are going to be few and far between fairly soon so i'll take what I can get.
Have I told you how much Nels loves this truck? He is like a giddy school boy in it. If he's talking about it, he's smiling, if he's riding in it, he's telling me "we're truck people now honey." If I didn't know he loved me I might be slightly jealous of his love for this truck.



No comments:
Post a Comment